Waterstone Clinic is a HSE-Approved Fertility Clinic.
The long-awaited public funding for IVF treatment is now available via the HSE. It will provide much-needed support for couples struggling with infertility.
The HSE has outlined specific criteria for eligibility and patients who meet them will have access to IUI and/or one cycle of either IVF or ICSI treatment in a clinic of their choosing. Private fertility providers will provide the service on behalf of the HSE initially.
The Department of Health has defined the below as the criteria to be eligible for HSE-funded treatment. You must:
- be referred to a regional fertility hub by a GP or consultant
- be a resident of the Republic of Ireland
- be in a relationship with your partner for at least 1 year
- have no children with your current partner, including any children you are a legal guardian to
- be over 18 and aged 40 or under if you are a woman, or aged 59 or under if you are a man
- have a BMI of between 18.5 and 30, if you are a woman
- have never had IVF or have had only 1 round of IVF – you must also have no unused embryos in storage
- have never had a sterilisation procedure to prevent pregnancy – this includes a vasectomy or blocking or sealing your fallopian tubes (tubal ligation)
Please note that patients who need donor sperm or eggs will not be able to access HSE funding at the moment. These treatments are still available privately.
If you are experiencing fertility issues, you must have a visit with your GP who can carry out some initial tests. You can then be referred to your local Regional Fertility Hub. The team at the Hub will carry out some additional fertility investigations such as fertility blood tests, semen analysis, fertility-enhancing surgery, etc.
If the Fertility Hub recommends fertility treatment (IUI, IVF, or ICSI), and you meet the eligibility criteria, the Fertility Hub will refer you to the HSE-approved provider of your choosing. Waterstone Clinic is an approved provider.
When will be seen by a consultant in the private clinic within 6 weeks of your referral and will start treatment within 6 weeks of that meeting.