Consultant in Reproductive Medicine
Waterstone Clinic is an Irish-owned, independent fertility clinic run by experienced clinicians and scientists. At the forefront of IVF technology for over 20 years, the group is one of Ireland’s leading providers of fertility services, with locations in five cities. As an organisation, we are passionate about optimising the care of sub-fertile patients and are totally focused on achieving the best success rates.
Waterstone Clinic is expanding in Dublin and Cork, and we are seeking a Consultant in Reproductive Medicine who shares our philosophy of delivering evidence-based care to exacting standards to join our team.
The successful candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of Reproductive Medicine and must have the ability to lead the team to deliver fertility services to the highest standard, with an emphasis on maximising successful outcomes for patients.
This is a permanent full-time position. There is an opportunity for the right candidate to combine the role with an independent gynaecological operating practice.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the care of patients at Waterstone Clinic, from consultation to completion of treatment, working to agreed protocols
- Lead the team, motivating and inspiring them with exemplary patient care
- Take responsibility for day-to-day clinical decisions regarding patient treatment, drug regimens and timing of procedures, working closely with medical, nursing and scientific colleagues
- Perform egg collection and embryo transfer procedures safely
- Maintain accurate and clear medical records in accordance with clinical protocols and procedures all times
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of services at the Clinic
- Support heads of departments with general operational activity
- Provide advice and contribute to the training of clinical, scientific and administration staff
- Take part in open evenings and online information webinars for patients
- Full Medical Council Registration, with eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register
- Higher Diploma (Fellowship or Membership) of Speciality College MRCOG or equivalent
- Proven experience in Reproductive Medicine/ART
Skills & Competencies
- Thorough understanding of the scientific evidence underpinning clinical practice as well as an understanding of the work of related disciplines
- An understanding and empathetic approach to patient care and the ability to communicate clearly, honestly and concisely in consultations with patients, including the ability to deliver ‘bad news’ in a constructive and sympathetic manner
- Proficiency in transvaginal ultrasound scanning
- Ability to mentor and train others in ART skills
- An understanding of, and ability to apply, quality assurance and monitoring of clinical performance
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary fertility team, leading and motivating others
- A solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Subspecialty training in Reproductive Medicine
- Proficiency in operating laparoscopically, possessing the necessary skills to offer surgical solutions to support the management of sub-fertile patients
- An understanding of prevailing EU and national legislation
- An appropriate level of managerial experience
Applicants are invited to send their CV with cover letter to Ria O’Sullivan at [email protected]
To discuss the position informally and in strict confidence, contact Susan Waterstone, Clinic Director [email protected]
Attractive remuneration package available dependent on experience, leadership capabilities and desire to undertake gynaecological operating. Relocation and resettlement support will be offered.
We welcome applications from candidates from countries outside of Ireland. Our full-service clinics are located in Dublin and Cork, the major cities of Ireland, a member of the European Union. Ireland is a beautiful, welcoming, and democratic country. Both Dublin and Cork are historic and cultured cities with excellent transport links. This role is an exceptional opportunity for a senior medical leader, and Ireland will make an exciting and comfortable new home.