Waterstone Clinic is seeking an experienced Quality and Service Development Manager to take a lead role in the Quality Management System of a progressive business.
This role will report directly to the Waterstone Clinic Directors and its goal is to ensure the preservation of the organisation’s reputation by ensuring that service is maintained at the highest possible standard. Working as part of a team with the Head of Clinical Services and Laboratory Manager, the manager will ensure compliance with the organisation’s specific requirements as well as all applicable standards and directives and to maintain accreditation status with the Health Products Regulatory Authority “HPRA” and similar bodies. This is a very busy role and applicants must be able to manage numerous tasks at once.
This is a fulltime position, based in either Dublin or Cork with a requirement to travel to other clinic locations from time to time.
- Maintain and improve quality in the organisation by participating in and facilitating a quality management system which is patient-centred and which measures and audits compliance with systems and patient satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with the latest versions of the relevant standards and EU Tissue and Cells Directives
- Regularly visit patient areas, at all sites, to observe workflows, standards and compliance with SOPs
- Provide help and advice to senior staff in all departments on quality management matters
- Identify areas and particular projects where there is the potential for improvement of quality to benefit patient service delivery
- Support the clinical team in evaluating and validating new equipment and consumables across all sites
- Ensure all clinical equipment files are maintained
- Negotiate suitable, cost-effective Service Level Agreements for clinical equipment, validation services and consumable supplies
- Working closely with heads of department, undertake an assessment of a quality management system that most suits the organisation’s requirements building upon the existing quality management system
- Write, maintain and revise the organisation’s standard operating procedures, policies and guidelines
- Organise monthly quality management meetings
- Prepare an annual programme of internal audits for approval, perform audits and supervise auditors in the performance of audits ensuring that reports are written up with findings and recommendations and to ensure that effective and immediate follow up actions are taken
- Ensure log of non-conformances/change controls/recalls are maintained
- Receive and record details concerning adverse incidents, complaints and defects, investigate the circumstances with the appropriate staff and take the necessary corrective action and report the findings as appropriate
- Investigate service complaints and ensure that effective and immediate follow up actions are taken
- Prepare a monthly management summary report to include a list of internal audits carried out highlighting any trends from internal audit findings, list of non- conformances, any additional training requirements, trends in SAR’s/SAE’s etc.
- Establish procedures for 3rd party audits and coordinate the preparation for them, training of internal personnel prior to audit if needed, follow up by responding to findings, completion of actions, feedback to management on findings and organising all additional training required
- Participate in the procurement, evaluation and validation processes as appropriate, including 3rd party facilities
- Provide training on the quality management system and ensure information disseminated to all teams
- In tandem with the Medical Director, Clinic Manager, Head of Clinic Services, Laboratory Manager and other designated senior staff, proactively participate and assist in the development of new service lines to include preparation of necessary standard operating procedures, policies, guidelines and paperwork for application submission to HPRA or similar accrediting body
- Participate in the paper lite project and work with the project lead in the quality component of the project. Include areas requiring audit that are identified as part of the paper lite project in the annual internal audit programme
- Observe the strictest confidence when dealing with all aspects of patient information
- Undertake any other duties that may be required by the Directors.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the candidate will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the role within the organisation and the overall business objectives.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Education (to a min of degree level) in Healthcare/Biomedical Science.
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience with a proven track record
- Experience in a Medical Laboratory role or similar scientific experience desirable
- Demonstrate a track record in service improvement and up-to-date knowledge of best practice in delivering a Quality Healthcare Service
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and re-prioritise work proactively as required
- Experience of dealing with regulatory bodies such as the Health Products Regulatory Authority “HPRA” or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a proven ability to work with both medical and business teams
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
- A “can do” attitude and a desire to make a difference.
- Experience of working to KPIs Ability to work on own initiative but also work as part of an overall dynamic clinical and business team
|To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and informal enquiries can be made to Mary McAuliffe on 0818 333 310
|Ireland’s First MicroTESE birth||Jan-17|
|Ireland’s First PGS Birth||Oct-15|
|Ireland’s First PGD Birth||Jun-14|
|First clinical PGD Pregnancy||Nov-13|
|PGD first introduced||Oct-12|
|Vitrification freezing technique introduced||Apr-12|
|Embryo donation introduced||Oct-11|
|Birth of first babies (twins) from an egg donation pregnancy||Nov-06|
|Birth of first baby after ICSI with surgically obtained sperm||Apr-04|
|Birth of first baby after Frozen Embryo Transfer||Nov-03|
|Birth of first IVF twins||Jun-03|
|Birth of first IVF baby||May-03|
|Birth of first ICSI baby||Mar-03|
|First egg collection||Jul-02|