Consultants in Reproductive Medicine
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Fertility Doctors to become part of our growing national team at Waterstone Clinic. Our new clinic is opening soon in the capital city of Dublin, and our team is expanding at our Cork headquarters.
At Waterstone Clinic, our focus is always to deliver an excellent standard of clinical care and to achieve the highest success rates possible. We are seeking clinicians with a passion for assisted conception, who have acquired considerable experience in an IVF clinic setting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the team, delivering services, and maintaining standards at their primary Clinic setting, as well as providing periodic services in Waterstone Clinic’s outreach facilities.
This position will provide an excellent career platform for an individual well versed in all aspects of Reproductive Medicine and Assisted Conception, including patient consultation, ultrasound scanning and theatre work involving oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer. We may be able to facilitate this opportunity to be combined with gynaecological operating.
Attractive remuneration package available dependent on experience, leadership capabilities and desire to undertake gynaecological operating. Relocation expenses offered.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the care of patients at Waterstone Clinic, from consultation to completion of treatment, working to agreed protocols, ensuring all patients are given the best chance of achieving a successful outcome
- Working closely with medical, nursing and scientific colleagues, take responsibility for day to day clinical decisions regarding patients’ medical treatment, drug regimens and timing of procedures
- Perform egg collection and embryo transfer procedures safely.
- Maintain accurate and clear medical records in accordance with SOPs at all times.
- Facilitate own orientation and training in Waterstone Clinic’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols, under the direction of the Head of Clinical Services and Medical Director.
- Take responsibility for ongoing CPD and documentation of activity in accordance with best practice.
Management & Leadership
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in assisted conception treatments and techniques.
- As part of the management team, contribute to the continuous development and improvement of treatment offerings at the clinic
- Attend clinical and team meetings and contribute to service developments from a medical and scientific perspective
- Support heads of departments with general operational activity and service improvements
- Take part in open evenings and online information webinars for potential patients
- Provide advice and contribute to the training of clinical, scientific and administration staff
Qualifications and experience
- Full Medical Council Registration and inclusion on the Specialist Register
- Higher Diploma (Fellowship or Membership) of Speciality College MRCOG or equivalent
- Relevant experience in an IVF clinic setting
- Thorough understanding of the scientific evidence underpinning clinical practice as well as an understanding of the work of related disciplines
- An appropriate level of supervision and management skills
- An understanding of prevailing EU legislation
- An understanding of, and ability to apply, quality assurance and monitoring of clinical performance.
Skills & Competencies
- To have a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving and to bring forward creative ideas to the clinical team where applicable on any aspect of patient treatment/care.
- An innovative approach, open to new ideas and able to implement protocols, procedures and management initiatives with medical colleagues.
- Proven organisational and administrative skills.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- An understanding and empathetic approach to patient care and ability to communicate clearly, honestly and concisely in consultations with patients, including the ability to deliver ‘bad news’ in a constructive and sympathetic manner.
- A desire to contribute to the continued growth and success of the group.
- A team player as a member of the medical function. Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary fertility team
Education & Professional Experience
- Qualified Gynaecologist (MRCOG or equivalent), holding full IMC registration, with a special interest in Reproductive Medicine.
- 10 years’ post-registration experience
Applicants are invited to send their CV with cover letter to HR Coordinator Lilac O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss the position in strict confidence, contact Susan Waterstone, Clinic Director email@example.com