Trainee Andrologist / Laboratory Technician
We are seeking a trainee Andrologist / laboratory technician to join our busy laboratory team in our Dublin clinic.
Waterstone Clinic is one of the leading providers of Assisted Conception Services in Ireland. We provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with a range of subfertility related conditions. We have state of the art facilities in Cork, Dublin, Limerick, Kildare and Waterford and complete over 1,200 fresh and frozen treatment cycles every year.
The successful candidate will undertake a range of administrative, support and hands-on laboratory activities which are central to delivering our high-quality clinical service. The candidate will perform semen analysis and carry out specialised techniques such as sperm freezing and semen preparation for fertility treatments. The role is based in the laboratory and also involves direct communication with patients. Applicants must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team. Our team are given opportunities to attend scientific meetings and development courses.
Weekend work will be required on a rotational basis.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Minimum BSc. in a related biological field (MSc preferable)
- Prior experience in a similar setting would be an advantage, although full training will be provided.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to prioritise workloads effectively
- Act as a ‘Witness’ for laboratory procedures as required.
- Prepare laboratory paperwork for upcoming cycles.
- To prepare culture medium, tubes and dishes using aseptic technique.
- Examine and processes specimens for routine semen analysis.
- Processes semen for ART procedures and intrauterine inseminations (IUIs).
- Perform semen cryopreservation
- Assist with the management and maintenance of cryo-inventory.
- To take lead in stock management including but not limited to ordering and tracking the receipt of lab consumables, performing weekly consumable stock takes, completing regular batch checks of both media and consumables.
- To participate in laboratory quality control and cleaning routines under supervision.
- To maintain confidentiality and ensure patients’ rights and dignity are maintained at all times.
- To maintain effective communication at all times with patients, medical staff, nursing staff, and other colleagues regarding treatments as appropriate.
|Applicants who meet our criteria and have the right to live and work in Ireland are invited to send their CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Tim Dineen – 00353 21 4865764.
|Ireland’s First MicroTESE birth||Jan-17|
|Ireland’s First PGS Birth||Oct-15|
|Ireland’s First PGD Birth||Jun-14|
|First clinical PGD Pregnancy||Nov-13|
|PGD first introduced||Oct-12|
|Vitrification freezing technique introduced||Apr-12|
|Embryo donation introduced||Oct-11|
|Birth of first babies (twins) from an egg donation pregnancy||Nov-06|
|Birth of first baby after ICSI with surgically obtained sperm||Apr-04|
|Birth of first baby after Frozen Embryo Transfer||Nov-03|
|Birth of first IVF twins||Jun-03|
|Birth of first IVF baby||May-03|
|Birth of first ICSI baby||Mar-03|
|First egg collection||Jul-02|